Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day-Boston Style

Where do I begin?

This is my #500 post! So you know it's going to be a BIG one.

I'll start with, I've had the BEST "Mother's Day" WEEKEND...EVER!!!

I had my training run Saturday morning. (I forgot to take a picture.) It was another 6 mile run with 4 miles of it hills. I got to do it around Fresh Pond, and the weather couldn't have been better. They were setting up for a community day there, so I got to see a new crew of people. After the run, we went to eat lunch at Coolidge Corner, like we usually do.

Then we took a trip to the Arboretum. We've been there 3 or 4 times and every time we've seen a different part of it. This time we went off the path and explored some of the area's flora at it's best. We had an amazing hike for about an hour, then we decided to "try" and find our way back to the car. I'll admit it, we got a little lost. But it was fun and we found the car right before it started to rain!
These are a few of the pics from that trip.

My crew

So handsome

"I picked these just for you!"

Today, being Mother's Day, we decided to take the whole family to a Red Sox game. It was Allie's first game. We left the apartment around 9:30 and didn't return until about 8:00. Talk about a BIG day. Instead of wasting words, I'll just share the amazing day in photos.

We are on our way!

The view from our seats.

My wonderful family.

4th inning ice cream

Face painting

Wii baseball (at Fenway)

Singing "Sweet Caroline"

Allie got a stuffed Wally, the Green Monster and Owen got a monkey in a Red Sox shirt. Then since it was Mother's Day, after the game they let families walk around the field. It was AWESOME!!!

The sign from the field.

Big dude and the crew

Red Sox dugout

Me and the kids in front of the score board.
They changed it to say "Happy Mother's Day".

Jake touching the "Green Monster".

The view as we were leaving the field.
You can make out the HUGE line of families still walking around the field.

As we were leaving, ushers gave me and the kids flowers.

Finally it was dinner time. So we got on the T and went to the Prudential building to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. As we were walking there, Jake spotted the "perfect" gift to get me. For those of you who know me, you will agree.

Now, my wardrobe is complete!

3 comments:

Patsy Baker said...

What an awesome day. Thanks for sharing it! Miss you all.

Patsy Baker said...

Steve loves the one of Jake touching the green monster.

peanut3762 said...

Don't know where to begin, so I'll end with HOLY COW I LOVE YOUR BELT BUCKLE! Although now your identity is blown.