Saturday, October 13, 2018

Day 2 with Jen

You have already read how day 2 started with the flu shots, but the day just got more and more amazing as it went on.

The kids and I took Jen to Downtown Spokane.  We first went to this amazingly quirky store called Boo Radley's.  Of course, I can't leave there without buying at least a few treasures.  I even got a stocking stuffer for Christmas.  Jen LOVED it, but there was a line to check out so she wasn't able to get her items.  Don't worry, I saw what she was holding.  ;)

We then stopped at the Spokane Dog Cart.  Allie has been dying to try a hot dog from this guy.  So for lunch we each got a hot dog and ate them in the Riverside Park.  After we finished eating we took our trash to the "Garbage Goat".  The carousel was our next stop for a fun ride and not so easy game of Ring Toss.






Then we continued our stroll to Auntie's Bookstore and Uncle's Games/Puzzles.  As we were walking around the store front I saw in the window that one of my fave authors had released a new book from a series I like...AND would be there at 7:00 that night to sign books!!!  So not knowing exactly how the evening would turn out, I bought a copy and received 2 free admission tickets for the book signing.

Later that afternoon, Jake and I went to a vintage store to look for some seating options for the basement (the sectional from our Wichita home wouldn't fit in our stairwell area to get to the TV room of this house).  We found a good possibility but we needed to measure the items.  So I decided I would take my sister on a "Sister Date" that evening.




I picked her up and we went back to the vintage shop (which she LOVED) and I bought the pieces.  Then she and I went to dinner downtown at this Italian place called Tomato Street (Owen has been wanting to try).  Finished the evening at the Public Library hearing Ransom Riggs speak and getting my copy signed by him!


It was an AMAZING day!!!!




No comments: