Thursday, October 11, 2018

My Sister, Jen!

Today, my sister arrived and will have the privilege to become our first house guest.  She is staying with us until Tuesday, but we have a TON of things to do with her before she leaves.  Our mission is to get her to fall in love with Spokane and decide to move here...she's already decided that.  But we want her to love it and not just be moving here to be closer to us.

Since the kids were in school today, I got to do some fun things with her.  I picked her up from the airport and took her to eat at Yards Bruncheon.  Then we stopped at a local pet store to get some dog food for our dogs.  Ok, that one was actually an errand I needed to do.  But I followed it with a pit stop at Hello Sugar, for a carousel of mini donuts.



Finally, we went to my house.  This was Jen's first time seeing it.  I gave her the thorough wall through.  Then we walked down a few blocks to Rockwood Bakery for some iced tea and a brownie to share.  We continued down 18th Street to the famous Manito Park.  I showed her Mirror Pond, Bear Cave, Butterfly Garden, English Garden, Rose Hill, Japanese Garden, Lilac Row and back home.  Jen was a trooper and managed to get almost all the way back home before she started getting "Charlie Horses" in both calves.  We did after all, walk 5 miles!



I took her with me to pick up both kids from school.  I introduced her to Dutch Bros, where she got a FREE large iced tea as a welcome treat the crew gave her.  So she got to see 2 different neighborhoods.  Both kids were excited to see Jen in the passenger seat.  Dinner was at The Onion, followed with dessert at Scoops.

Once we arrived back at the house, everyone quickly changed and jumped into the hot tub.  I can predict we will ALL be sleeping good tonight.  Because tomorrow is ANOTHER big day!


No comments: