Friday, October 19, 2018

That's DIFFERENT!

So, since moving here we have experienced several new things.  One was the "hazardous smoke" that was coming from wild fires.  I now have a Spokane Air Quality App to let me know when the air isn't safe to breathe.

NOW, we are witnessing a surge (that's what the reporter said on the radio) in Blue Ash Aphids.  I have read "The Grouchy Ladybug", so I know what they are.  But I can't recall ever really seeing aphids before.

Apparently it is mating season for them, but due to other factors there are a LOT of them.  Swarms of them.  In fact, we even have a tree in our yard that is a hot spot for them.  My father-in-law was kind enough to show me some up close.

I love getting to know a new area and all of the different quirks...but this is DEFINITELY different!



No comments: