Tuesday, October 9, 2018

School pics

Every time my kids have their school pics taken, I buy them. Good or not, I buy them.  They even have them taken twice a year, I buy them both! I love watching the process of them growing up in similar poses over the years.  But there is a down side to this hobby of mine.  I see them grow up!

Yesterday Allie handed me her's from this year.  (Owen forgot to turn in his envelope, so we are waiting to see if I can still get his).  My heart almost cracked.  I stood there looking at her picture, recognizing the face looking back at me but still almost a stranger.  My little girl was growing up!

I kept looking at the pic over the course of the evening with thoughts and emotions going through my mind.  So I did what I do.  I wrote a poem.  I am posting it so that I have an easy way to go back and see it, when she grows up.



No comments: