Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Owen, my young man



I wanted to take today to highlight my son, Owen.  The last 3 months have been an adventure and changes around every corner, he has been a rock through it all.  There have been bumps and tears, don't get me wrong.  But each and every day, he gets up and faces those challenges with confidence that I didn't have at his age.

First, he moved away from ALL of his friends that he had known since kindergarten.  Plus, starting high school!  Talk about facing a big change and basically alone doing it.  He LOVES his classes, all of them he selected.  The teachers are passionate and amazing, I have seen my son develop his own system of note taking and studying so that he can learn all that is being taught.

There has been a BIG hiccup with his AP Euro History class, but God has shown us the possibility of grace and faith through our son and his teacher when we don't try to fix a problem but simple address it and pray.

Then he is slowly getting involved in different groups that interest him.  He has selected several clubs to try and attend weekly at school.  He is taking boxing at a gym downtown 3 times a week.  He goes to a youth group on Monday nights at a different church and one he doesn't usually know anyone at.  It's fascinating to watch him bloom as an individual and seek out those with similar tastes.

I know that we have only been here for 3 months, and I will continue to pray that God puts the right people in his path.  But God has already surpassed my requests, and I can't wait to see what else He has in store for Owen.

No comments: