Sunday, October 7, 2018

Highs and Lows










Friday I got the opportunity to chaperone a 6th grade field trip to a team building camp, Luterhaven, on the edge of Lake Coeur d'Alene, in Idaho.  They prepped us to dress warm and in layers with comfy shoes as we would be doing a lot of walking/hiking.  We would load the buses at 7:30 and arrive back at the school at 5:30.  This place was AMAZING!!!!

I was assigned 15 students, not all of them were from the same class.  Allie was in my group, which was great.  I got to become familiar with several of the other 6th grade students.  They did several activities that involved communication and listening with added challenges for problem solving.  It was chillier than I had thought, since it was on the water's edge, but we moved around constantly.

I got to ride up there and back with another mom from Allie's class.  She was very friendly and we got along great.  Best part is they live one street over from us.  Her twin daughters are much like Allie, so I could see them becoming friends someday.

It was a very LONG day, but was great!  However, I woke up the next morning with a migraine.  I haven't gotten one since before moving to Spokane, so I shouldn't be surprised that my body decided to force me to take a day off.  Unfortunately I had several things planned that I wanted to get done.  But I was down until approximately 4:30 that evening.  But today is Sunday, and I WILL get stuff done!

No comments: