Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Good Deed





I wanted to do a quick "shout out" to my son.  The other day I was driving him home from high school and we came upon some standing still traffic in our lane.  Eventually we got closer to the cause, 2 elderly women in a mini van had run out of gas at the intersection and were in the left lane.

One woman was standing outside the van trying to tell the driver to put the car in neutral so she could push it to the side street.  Owen looked at me and said, "I've got to help them!"  So I told him to be careful getting out of the car and I hit my hazards to let those behind me know what was going on.

As soon as the van was in the right gear, another man had shown up to help and they pushed the van to safety.  I told Owen to wait on the side street and I drove over to pick him up.

The cool thing was apparently another vehicle drove by with a student from LC that recognized Owen and had his mom pull over to make sure everyone was ok.  It was so cool that my son first jumped out to help and then was even recognized by a peer doing the good deed.