Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11



These numbers are a reminder to some, of loved ones who have passed on from this world. That they have an angel looking over them. We aren't alone and they aren't forgotten. Every year we celebrate this on Veteran's Day, November 11 (11-11). But today, the entire date shows these same numbers.

Some people I know make a wish when the clock shows 11:11, I have to admit I do sometimes too. But with the significance of this arrangement of numerals corresponding with New Year's Day (a day when most make resolutions), I think I'll just acknowledge my "Guardian Angels".

Without them, I probably wouldn't be who I am today. Some touched my lives by being a role model for me and I learned by watching them. Some protected me in times of great danger. Some guided me to meet people that have blessed my life in so many ways. So to them, I say thank you. And I'll say it every time I see the magic number... 11-11.

1 comment:

ozartink said...

Amen.....well said....I share those feelings.....acknowledgement of our good fortune.