Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Winter Blues? NOT HERE!


I'm not a huge fan of being cold. Lucky me, I move to Boston for the worst winter in at least a decade! The Boston Sunday Globe (Almanac Section) listed the January snowfall total as 27.6" (the normal was listed as 13.5"). And it's snowing again today! Last winter I told the kids that when we moved here we would get to see some REAL snow. I should have added A LOT in that statement. But we've handled it really well. My wonderfully dedicated husband is still running to and from work (5 miles each way). Yesterday the temp was -4 in the morning. He is very committed to his training (or maybe SHOULD be committed). We try to go sledding at least once a week. And we've found an amazing hill for it! (I love Fresh Pond!)

However, the "winter blues" can sneak up on you. But I've found a mental trick I play on myself. I think about warm weather, warm places and warm trips we will be taking later this year. I bought the book "The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook" (good bedtime reading), bought 2 new sundresses (both are yellow) and 4 new swimsuits. That last one sounds odd, but it makes perfect sense. They are SO cheap right now. Plus, it's wonderful motivation to keep in shape during the "hibernation months". Winter Blues... NOT HERE!

2 comments:

Emz said...

I love how you avoid the blues. awesome.

I turned on my AC in my car today.

this.
is.
crazy.

ozartink said...

Always a plan!!!! Makes perfect sense to me!!!! There is a fine line between being committed and being committed...lmao!!!!!