Thursday, September 6, 2018

Arnett 2.0



In the evening hours of August 5th, 4 cars wandered their way to a yellow house nestled in the trees of Spokane, WA.  Our final destination for what seemed like 2 VERY long days.  Granted the house was empty of belongings, but once we all stepped foot inside it was filled with LOVE.  Like I said before, I fell in love with this house at first sight on line.  But to experience that first night with ALL of us inside, I will cherish that feeling.

Mom and RJ stayed at a hotel by the Spokane River which was very helpful, she took the kids for one of the days to swim at their pool while I called and had utilities set up in our name.  We explored the neighborhood and close park for the next few days.  There were several places we tried for meals and made a trip to Target to get a few things.

August 9th is Owen's birthday, so ALL of us (7) went to breakfast downtown.  I then drove Jake to the airport, he had to return to Wichita to finish work until the 24th.  I knew it would be difficult to be apart that long, but I had faith that God would provide us with strength and keep us busy with the blessing in the next few weeks.

Mom and RJ headed back to Kansas the next day, so the remaining crew decided we would work on the yard and get the kids ready for school over the next 2 weeks.  You see, the movers have been scheduled to load/pack our Wichita house August 13-15 and arrive in Spokane on the 22nd.  This may sound CRAZY, but I know God was behind this.

Since I wasn't in Wichita to supervise the loading and Jake was busy working, I was able to ask my dad to take those 3 days and make sure the movers got everything and did it right.  I have almost NEVER asked my dad for anything...including help.  But this opportunity came at a time when I needed him AND he was more than able to do this job.  That is a Devine appointment, and it worked out better than if things had gone the way I originally planned.

Now the wait until the belongings arrived was a short week, with VERY LONG days.  I was sleeping on the floor with my 2 kids and a dog every night.  But it was some memorable conversations, again a Devine appointment.  We knew things would ramp up in speed once we started the unpacking process, so to just embrace the minimalist lifestyle with my kids in our new town was priceless.  I will continue my story with the day the movers showed up in my next post.

No comments: