Sunday, September 30, 2018

Hot Tub Magic!



I NEVER in a million years thought I would own a house that had a hot tub/pool.  I thought it was an expensive endeavor that would consume time to maintain and not as much a reward in the long run.

Well, we own a hot tub.  It came with the yellow house.  It was actually a little perk to getting this one.  But we had NO IDEA how what to do with it.

So about 3 weeks ago, I lifted the cover and noticed that the previous owners had water still sitting inside it.  I had no clue how to even turn the thing on.  I even started thinking that it would be a better use of time and money if we paid someone to just come and take it away.  So I called the experts and a guy came out to give me the quick tutorial for dummies on hot tub ownership.  He showed me how to drain it, what I would need to clean it, how to turn it ON, and which chemicals (that were on a shelf in the garage) I would actually use and when to use them.

I had to make one trip to the hot tub store to get a bottle of shock and to ask them about my filter.  There was an issue with the filter in it, so I took it out and fixed the part that was causing an issue.  I put in a new filter, cleaned the inside of the tub after the water drained, filled the hot tub back up and chemicals were added.

I may have invested around 4 hours total on this endeavor so far, but it was worth the look on my kids' faces hanging out in it.  I must confess, I too have enjoyed the hot tub a couple of times after our big hikes.

No comments: