Friday, September 7, 2018

Christmas in AUGUST!


That's right!  It felt like Christmas on the morning of August 22.  Instead of a old, fat man pulling up in a sleigh...I got 18,000 pounds of belongings in a moving truck with 5 dudes to unload it all.  I was so giddy, I stood by the truck for over 6 hours checking off each and every number from 4 different colored tags that were attached to each and every box, chair and shovel we brought to Spokane and LOVED every minute of it!!!

It took these 5 entertaining gentlemen over 6 hours to unload this truck and assemble all 5 beds, so that for the first time we would sleep in our OWN beds.  I couldn't wait!!!  The kids took turns hanging out with me, helping the guys find the right rooms to put the stuff and walk Lucy.

After they pulled away, I was super eager to start unpacking but realized I needed to eat dinner and maybe rest up for the next BIG day.  So the 4 of us made our beds and went to dinner.  Once we got back, we took a little time to assemble shelves and small tables in the rooms they would be.  I even arranged the couches in the living room and hung up the small amount of clothes we had with us in closets.

As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out!!!  It was like I couldn't wait to go to sleep so that I could wake up the next morning and start the unpacking process.  I know...I maybe CRAZY!!!  But for the first time, this dream house started to feel like my dream HOME!

No comments: