Saturday, September 29, 2018

Sweets!

I have a mouth full of "sweet tooth".  Every time I visit a city, I am on the quest for either really good chocolate or cupcakes or donuts or ice cream...you get the idea.  I love sweets!  So it's no surprise that the first weekend in Spokane I started my odyssey to find the BEST!  Here's where the journey gets EPIC!

The places that I would consider AMAZING in other locations (ie Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory) are here!  So already my baseline is rather high.  I've already mentioned that there is a great bakery just a few blocks from my house, so I've even got easy access available.  But like any hero, I still must continue my mission.  So I will briefly share some of the places I have found.


  • Sweet Frostings- this bakery is not only located downtown in a cozy and colorful building, but they also have a free standing location in the North Spokane Mall!  Their cupcakes are not too big or too small, the frosting is just the right height.  They offer a wide selection of flavors (birthday cake is my fave) and even make custom cakes, cookies and macaroons.
  • Hello Sugar- this was a place that opened shortly before we moved here.  It's located near Kendall area, north of the river.  They have a small coffee bar inside, but the hook is they make these small cake donuts.  The donuts are all the same flavor, but the toppings is where they get creative.  They have what is called "the carousel".  It's when you get 12 small donuts in a box, each one decorated differently (the strawberry is my fave, Allie loved the hot chocolate).
  • The Scoop- this is a small ice cream parlor that serves nitrogen made ice cream in a variety of interesting and some classic flavors.  The twist is the ordering sizes.  They offer a "baby cone" which is basically this little cake cone with a sample sized scoop on top.  As a bonus, they also sell brownies (which are PERFECT) and Rice Krispie treats.








No comments: