Thursday, September 27, 2018

I like Iced Tea!



If you know me at all, you know I like to drink iced tea...ALL THE TIME!  While we were in Boston, I discovered Dunkin Donuts.  It was perfect!  It was EVERYWHERE!  Jake LOVED their coffee.  We even got Dunkin Christmas ornaments.  Then we moved back to Wichita.

Luckily, a few years later a DD opened on the turnpike about 15 minutes from our house.  YEP!  We would get on the turnpike at least every other day, just to get coffee and iced tea.  CRAZY, right?  Don't get me wrong.  I would drink the tea from other places.  McDonald's, McAllister's, Panera, Sonic...but DD worked so well for both of us.

Then one opened just down the street from us!  It was like God was giving us this amazing blessing.  We even downloaded the app so we wouldn't need to have cash and could earn free drinks after earning so many points.  And yes, we earned free drinks quite often.

As you know, we are now living in Spokane, WA.  They don't have a DD.  And the fast food places are far and few between.  Jake has made it great, he likes Starbucks.  And "HELLO" it was originally opened in Seattle.  So you know there are a few of those around.  This is where I discover my NEW tea place.

Dutch Bros.  They are this chain of small drive up buildings that ONLY make drinks.  Jake likes their coffee too, but I LOVE the tea!!!  So does Owen.  They don't have an app, but they do have a punch card.  And YES, I have earned a few free drinks since moving here.  They also self advertise themselves at the beginning of each month by passing out "collector Dutch Bros. stickers".  I've only been here at the beginning of September and apparently they go fast, but I got September's sticker!

This morning I pulled up to the window and the guy looked at me and smiled and said, "Do you want the usual?"  I have found my Iced Tea Oasis!  Another heads up, if you visit we WILL be stopping for a drink...on me!

No comments: