Monday, September 17, 2018

God's Timing


On August 24th, Jake had his last day of work in Wichita.  Jake was packing the last few items, Yawkey and himself the next morning and driving my NEW car to Spokane to join us.  I say all that to through in one more element that wasn't in my plan.

On August 24th at 4:00, we had a house showing for our house in Wichita.  We've had several of these over the last few months.  But we knew that prime selling season was quickly ending if not done.  The difference this time is the house was basically empty and I wasn't there to stress about it.  So I said a prayer that if this is God's plan, the people will fall in love with our house and put in an offer.

Three days later, I get an email from our agent letting me know these people had put an offer on the house.  It was a much lower amount than we were listing it as, but we knew that this was just a jumping point to start negotiations.  Over the next 48 hours we went back and forth until we both agreed on a price.  It wasn't the dream offer, but I had faith this was God's plan.

The inspection was scheduled for September 11 at 4:00, so all we could do was celebrate this new information and wait to see what was needed to close on the sell of this house on September 28th.

I will update that the inspector found a long tedious list of things to fix.  But the buyers were extremely gracious and obviously really wanted our house.  They requested that we fix 5 things.  Our agent went through with a handyman to estimate how much those items would cost.  Being out of state, we decided to offer a settlement for the buyers to get those items fixed.  Now we wait and see if they accept the settlement.

No comments: