Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Finding my place..



This is a challenge each of us is facing.  Jake is going to work every day, learning the new computer system and discovering where his skills benefit the patients here.  Each day he gets to know more about his partners and each day I get a text about how much he LOVES it here.  He has also found a yoga studio that is AWESOME!  This is a BIG answer to prayer.

Owen is starting a new high school with kids he hasn't met before in an environment unlike one we've lived in before.  He has made Jazz Band, found 5 separate clubs to be involved with and attends boxing at a gym downtown 3 times a week.  This is a BIG answer to prayer.

Allie has made a few friends in her class.  She is in the school choir that meets before school, tried out for the school musical (and got the role as the understudy to the lead), will be on Safety Patrol starting next month and taking a Russian language class after school.  This is a BIG answer to prayer.

I have signed up for a book study at the church we have been attending on Saturdays.  They also offered a monthly moms group, that I signed up for as well.  I joined a small gym boutique that I attend classes at about 3 times a week.  I have met a few moms of other 6th graders, so we will see.  Allie's teacher asked me if I would be her room parent, she obviously didn't have any takers if she's asking the NEW mom.  Of course, I said yes!

As far as figuring out the city, I think we've all got our bearings on where to go to find the necessities.  We've even been able to take weekend hikes and trips to the farms up North.  Spokane may just be perfect place for this family.  I think we are ALL finding our place.

No comments: