Saturday, September 8, 2018

Boxes, BOXES...and MORE BOXES

I wake up early the morning of the 23rd with a sparkle in my eye and a pep in my step.  I am motivated to get as much of this house put together before Sunday evening (when Jake and Yawkey arrive).  Looking around the house at ALL our stuff, I can honestly say I felt for a moment like I was being asked to eat a whale.  It was a HUGE task before me.  When I walked into the garage, it didn't make it any better.  There were LOTS of boxes and totes stacked everywhere.

The image was daunting, but my motivation wasn't.  I decided I would start with a few boxes in the kitchen (small bites first).  Once the kids were awake, I had them make sure the boxes in their rooms belonged to them and put them in charge of unpacking them.  The instructions were to find homes for the items they wanted out and to decide if the remaining stuff was worthy of "deep storage" or destined for donation.

Since the weather was cooler in the morning, I spent my time carrying boxes and totes in from the garage and placing them in the rooms they would be emptied in.  By lunch time, we had cleared a path in the 3rd car garage stall and were able to park both cars easily in the big garage.  I started unpacking some boxes and totes in the master bathroom, master bedroom, my office and the dining room.  When dinner time rolled around, I decided to make a last effort to move boxes and totes into the house for me to work on the next day.

By the time I went to bed, I had invested about 8-9 hours of unpacking and couldn't wait to do more.  As I unpacked, I made a mental game of finding certain items I had packed.  So I had a list of "missing" items on my night stand just waiting to be discovered tomorrow.  But for now, I will rest.  Tomorrow will be another BIG day!

No comments: