Monday, September 17, 2018

Upgrade


I mentioned that my AMAZING husband got me a new car, remember how I TOTALED mine the day before I was moving to Spokane?  Well, I need to elaborate as to how even in the chaos of a car accident, I firmly believe this was part of God's plan.

When Jake flew back to Wichita on August 9th, he added the job of getting the claim check that we would get for my former Highlander.  Later that week, I got a text from him telling me he found me a new car online and was going to check it out.  YEP!  I got that car.  It's a newer Highlander with TONS of upgrades.

Jake traded his mini coop in for part of the cost of this new car, which I know what a sacrifice that was.  He LOVED his MINI!  But, he would have driven the mini with Yawkey all the way to Spokane in a few weeks.  We still don't think that would have been an ideal road trip.

I probably would have gotten a newer car in a year or two, so the timing wasn't too bad.  Obviously I would have needed a new car soon.  And now Jake was able to make the epic road trip with Yawkey in style.  He even got me a Red Sox plate for it.

I've never been one to name my vehicles, but if I would...this beauty would be named PHOENIX.  It rose from the ashes of both my former car and moving plan, more improved than before.

No comments: