Friday, December 14, 2018

Gift 13

Tires...SNOW tires to be exact.

I just got snow tires for my car.  This is something new for me.  I've lived in Kansas most my life and know how to drive in winter conditions, safely I might add.  I even lived in Boston for a year and did amazingly.  However, after being here for a few months and listening to several locals, I began to question my own years of driving in snow experience.

So after a week of interviewing several locals and discussing this possible purchase with Jake, I did it.  I bought my car 4 snow tires.

Apparently, they deal with winter roads differently here.  They don't treat the roads with salt or sand.  But this has a positive response, the cars don't have that rusted out bottom look.  The roads are much more hilly than in Kansas or Boston.  In fact, we are planning on heading to the mountains at least once a week this winter season.  So with narrow, curvy roads packed with snow I am confident that this purchase will save us.

I can't wait to try them out.  I already feel like a BAD ASS driving these wet streets just waiting for Mother Nature to hit me with her best shot!




No comments: