Saturday, December 15, 2018

Gift 14

Today was a BIG answer to prayer.  Since moving here, the kids have been trying to adjust and make friends.  About a week ago I was telling the kids that this will be an AMAZING Christmas.  Allie chimed in that it won't because she doesn't have any friends.  My heart sank.  I knew that if she had a good birthday party with classmates, she would realize she has friends.

So for the last 3 weeks I've been chipping away at trying to make Friday a good day.

It started with getting "Snowball" cake pops for her homeroom class.  The students LOVED them.  Some even asked Allie where we got them from.

Then I sent out evites last week to approximately 17 girls from the 6th grade.  I knew some would be busy with holiday plans, activities and out of town.  So we planned on this party being at our house from 5-8 after school.  I was pleasantly surprised when I got RSVPs from about 5 girls before the end of the day.

We ordered the pizza, crafts and hot chocolate.  The house was ready by 4:30, now all we needed was a few guests to show up.  I took a deep breathe and said a heartfelt prayer.

At 5:00, 4 girls walked in.  Thank you, GOD!  Over the next 15 minutes, I met 5 parents and got 2 phone numbers (for in case of emergency).  When all the parents had left, we had 14 12 year old girls standing in my living room!!!

The next 3 hours were a fun filled event.  The girls did crafts, ate pizza, opened presents and sang Happy Birthday to Allie.  They ended the evening playing Hide & Seek throughout the house.  It was SO QUIET during that last 30 minutes.  When the parents arrived to pick up they were shocked!  I had to go and find the girls to tell them it was time to go home.









Allie got some great gifts (fuzzy blankets, art supplies, volleyball stuff), these girls really know what she likes.  They all go along and had fun.  I played the video of them singing to her, she smiled and said "Those are my FRIENDS."

AMEN!!!!

1 comment:

peanut3762 said...

I'm bawling! So happy for the Baby Girl!!!!! Happiest of Birthday Wishes and big warm hugs!