Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Gift 4

Time.  "We all have time, for what we make time for."  This is probably one of my FAVORITE sayings.  We each are given the same number of hours in a day, and yet some of us feel lost or even drowning in the fact we are spreading ourselves so thin.  I admit, I was this person from the moment I graduated college until after I had my 2 kids.  My days began to feel like reruns.  Then something changed.

I'm not sure exactly what or how it happened, but I began to prioritize things differently in my life.  I was ALWAYS an organized person, so when I started deciding what few things would take my focus I began to have tons of time to get them done and then some extra time to get other stuff done.  I jokingly call that my "Magical 5 minutes".

I have a list of tasks each day that must get done.  Most days not more than 3-5 items.  By only focusing on these I am able to complete them and then have some free time for maybe random tasks.

I've also changed my attitude on canceled or rescheduled appointments.  I used to get upset when I would plan a lunch with someone and at the last minute they would cancel.  My appointments seem to have gone from ink to pencil in my calendar, so when one is gone I simple erase it and see what fills in it's place.  Honestly, sometimes it's something better.

This gift of time has always fascinated me, by what people choose to spend it doing.  Even my choices have changed over the years.  But for now, my use of time is working for me.

We can't change how we used time.
We aren't guaranteed time later.
So I will just value the time I have now.


No comments: