Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Gift 19

Volunteering.

I know that may sound weird as a gift, but let me explain.

Before kids, I was a classroom teacher.  I taught inner city elementary students, both in KC and Wichita.  I loved being a part of students lives.  But once we had kids, they were the students I wanted to be a part of.

In Wichita, I found my calling fulfilled in children's ministry.  I was a 2 year old teacher for CBS on Wednesday mornings and on Saturdays I would spend several hours performing for kids on stage at Newspring.  It was even an outlet for my own children to serve in that ministry with me in the Kindergarten classroom that I would lead teach.  It was our second home.

Now we are in a new city.  We haven't truly found our "second home" as far as ministry goes.  But I was able to become a classroom parent/volunteer in Allie's school.  So yesterday I went on the Christmas Choir trip to the mall.  I even had to pull my "teacher voice" out a few times.

When it was over, I asked Allie if I embarrassed her at all.  She smiled and said, "Mom, Vivianne even told me she liked you."  I guess I've still got it.

I pray in the next few months, I start to see what doors God is calling me to walk through.  But until then, I've got this.




No comments: