Friday, December 28, 2018

Gift 28


Dogs, specifically my two dogs.

I've always preferred dogs as pets.  They tend to add an extra flare to a family dynamic.  They come with their own characteristics and personalities.  It can make or break a family.  For us, it makes us complete.

We've always had one dog.  First we had Nick.  He was perfect for us at the time we had him.  Then he passed while our kids were young.  So we got Yawkey.  He has more energy than most teenagers on Red Bull.  But to his benefit, he was trained.

Then last fall, we decided we could handle 2 dogs.  Not only that, but let's make it a puppy!  So we got Lucy.  I've always wanted a golden retriever.  And I've always wanted a girl dog.  So she was an answer to my prayers.

These dogs make our lives full and entertained.  We do have the time commitment of taking them for walks daily and making sure they get fed twice a day.  We also having to make sure that our belongings are put away and not within Lucy reach, which is anything at waist level or below.

My gift today is these 2 amazing, furry, unconditionally loving members of our family.

No comments: