Saturday, December 8, 2018

Gift 8

Impromtu dates!

This evening both of my kids wanted to go to a "Mini Con".  A christian youth facility was hosting a 5 hour gamers convention.  They had several TV's set up playing specific games that kids were signing up to play against each other.  I have to admit, the place was REALLY cool looking.  So I dropped them off at 3:30, told them I would pick them up at 5:30.  Unless I heard from them at 5:00, to either get them earlier or ask for more time.  Of course Owen texted at 4:55 to ask if they could stay until 5:45.  I ended up picking them up at 6:00, because Owen was in a Smash Bros tournament. The championship was going on when I walked in.  He was winning it, but then the gaming system error.  When they restarted it, he picked a different character but lost.  He ended up with a tee shirt for qualifying for the final 4.  Allie feel in love with VR, Tilt Brush.  She made a Happy Unicorn.




But while they were there, Jake and I went and tried a new place for dinner.  It's called South Hill Grill, and it's AMAZING!!!!  I easily saw 4 things on the menu I want to try.  The food we did order was really good.  The atmosphere was cozy and original.  I think we have found our NEW fave place to eat.  As a bonus, it was only 5 minutes from our house.


I love being spontaneous to go on dates.  They can be with Jake, Owen or Allie.  Those special, one-on-one times are Devine moments that God puts in my life to allow me to reinvest in the ones I love.

No comments: