Monday, December 17, 2018

Gift 17


"You get a brand new washer and dryer!"

We've heard the announcer on the game shows say this very line.  But today it means SO MUCH more to me.  Over the past 11 weeks, we have been without a working washing machine.  I've been in constant communication with the people at various departments of Sears to try and get this problem resolved.

It started with having a repair man come and fix it.  That didn't happen.  A week later another repair man came to fix it and had to order 2 parts.  Those parts NEVER showed up.  So mid-November Sears finally gave us a store credit of $500 to go towards a new washing machine.  Over Black Friday weekend, we went to Sears and picked out the washing machine.  In an attempt to not have a similar situation later, we bought a matching dryer.  They were to be delivered 2 weeks later.

The closer we got to the delivery day, the more excited I got.  Then I got a call from Sears saying the washer was on back order and would be delivered another week later.  Ironically during that last week of waiting, the elusive parts we ordered showed up.  So Sears called me to set the package on my front porch on the day of delivery for UPS to pick the parts up.

Which brings us to today.  Last night everyone in the house was placing bets as to if the appliances would even be delivered.  In fact, I was the only one who still had faith.  They hadn't called to give me the time window for the delivery, so at 6:00 this morning I called Sears to get the times.  They confirmed it was happening today between 7:30-9:30 this morning.  I'm happy to report that as I type this post, 2 gentlemen are not only delivering my new machines and hooking them up, but taking the old ones away too!!!

I am one HAPPY lady.  I get to start doing laundry in the comfort of my home, with my "Brand new washer and dryer".


No comments: