Thursday, December 6, 2018

Gift 6

Photographs

This one is definitely a timely one.  As we are quickly transitioning into ALL digital pictures, the era of photographs is both disappearing and become nostalgic.

Last Monday I received a text from a college roommate that I hadn't heard from in a while.  She had found some pictures of the year we lived together, then proceeded to send me digital images of these pics.  As irony would be, I was ACTUALLY in the middle of going through all my loose pictures and organizing them.

We texted back and forth for a short while about what we had been up to and exchanged addresses for Christmas cards.  Then as if God had planned it, I opened the last envelope of pictures only to discover they were ALL from that year we lived together.

I also quickly assessed that once my kids were about to enter school, I stopped printing pictures.  Everything is on the cloud.  So I am going to make a conscious effort to find several pics and print them.  I want these memories to be not only held in my heart, but framed for me to see daily.



No comments: