Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Gift 25


FAITH.

Now this one is a serious one.  I wasn't always a believer, it wasn't a part of my growing up.  But in my adult life, I came to accept that Jesus died for me.  He died to pay for my sins.  He rose from the grave, to show death has no hold on us.  He sits on the right hand of God in heaven waiting to welcome me.

That's the heart of my faith.  But there is so much more to it.  I live my life every day looking for what God is giving me.  Sometimes it's challenges, sometimes it's blessings.  Sometimes it's a Devine appointment with a stranger that either helps me or them.

I know this world is broken and full of evil.  But knowing that God is bigger than all of that puts my perspective on the positive side.  I tend to see the "silver lining" in every situation.  I look at mountains as mole hills.  I observe others as they have a story that I have no clue of and want to be a highlight to them, not a mud pit.

It's because of my faith that I am who I am.  On Christmas Day I want to be thankful for the gift that Jesus gave me.

FAITH

No comments: