Saturday, December 1, 2018

Something different...Gift 1

I had an idea for the posts this month, I tweaked it from a November thing I saw.  Last month people would say something they were "thankful" for each day.  I'm going to spot light a different gift I have in my life each day in December.

Gift 1- My Health

This past week I went to a new OBGYN to get on as a patient.  I had the annual exams and I'm happy to report they all came back good.  I then had some blood work done, I have Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism.  So we wanted to check my T3 and T4.  My T4 is fine, T3 is elevated so I will be getting on meds to help that.  In 6 weeks I go in to have more blood work and make sure the dose is working for me.  I also had my yearly mammogram.  I hope to have those results in a week.

I eat fairly healthy in moderation.  I LOVE sweets, so I do my best to limit those daily.  I don't drink soda, coffee or alcohol, but I live on iced tea.  I am not a regular cook, so we tend to eat out most meals.  This may sound odd, but it works extremely well for my family function.  I've even started taking daily vitamins.

I see the dentist and eye doctor at least once a year, and keep my daily routine as consistent as possible to ensure healthy eyes and teeth.

I've never broken a bone and only been in the hospital for the births of my two kids, and a CRAZY kidney thing.

I'm 43 years old, but I could probably out do my 21 year old self.  I have a regular workout routine of 2-3 times gym weights classes and ~2-3 times yoga classes.  Every now and then I will run 3 miles with my husband.  I used to run much more (marathon training) but have since found a balance with the system I do now.

I know that health is something we take for granted until it fails us.  So I have made it my first gift.  This body is temporary and it serves as a vessel for our purpose while we live.  I am making the most out of this AMAZING gift I have been given.